Saturday, May 7, 2016

Round 'Em Up!

Hey friends!

I am the worst about blogging. I apologize if you stroll over and don't find new content. There are just those days where its 2 of the 3 can happen: make card, photograph and post to Facebook from the phone. If I'm lucky, I'll then text those photos to my computer (my iCloud doesn't always share as it should) then upload to the blog.

That last step gets missed. Frequently.

So, another round up is happening. Ready? Here we GOOOOO!

Most of these cards were made just within a few days of each other. Just not posted in separate posts.

First up, My design team card for Try Stampin' on Tuesday! We have a fun sketch this week, be sure to check it out!! The theme is "mom and me". I used the Pedal Pusher stamp set from sale-a-bration and colored with mint macaron and strawberry slush and cut with the large heart framelet die.



This is a pregnancy announcement card that a friend asked me to make for a co-worker of hers. I found a card similar on Pinterest and dug out my Bundle of Joy (retired) set to recreate it!


Ah, who doesn't love Star Wars on May the 4th? Me, thats who! haha! I just can't get into it, by my kid loves it! I found this paper at JoAnn Fabrics and used the Alphabet Rotary Stamp for the sentiment.

What better card to send to the creator of the "Imbringingbirthdaysback" movement, than this adorable birthday card? Shannon West carved this stamp and Stampin' Up just loved the meaning behind the movement and put it into production! I used the 2016-17 In-colors to create the background, then muted it with a piece of vellum cardstock over top. The lace ribbon is on the retirement list, so move quickly to get those!!

A quick and simple birthday card here using the Birthday Bouquet DSP and Blushing Bride cardstock by Stampin' Up! The birthday stamp and twine aren't SU products but look adorable! I added a touch of glimmer with the Wink of Stella clear brush!

Do you know the way to my heart? Clean and simple, replicable stamping is how you get there! I cased this layout from Shannon West and just LOVE it. I used the birthday sentiment from "Remembering your birthday" set, which is also on the retired list this year, along with vellum, silver glitter stars, and Everyday Chic washi tape. I pulled out random leftover card bases (Crumb Cake, Pool Party and Rich Razzleberry) I had and went to town! 

This card I used the sentiment from Happy Happenings, which is sticking around another year, with Melon Mambo! 


See, told you I loved this layout! This one is with a white linen (non-SU) base, black sequins and the glitter tape from Sale-a-bration! Sentiment is from the February Paper Pumpkin!

Finally! Some new stuff!! I got my preorder yesterday and was SO excited!! I was certain that some of the colors were similar to retired colors. Some weren't, but 2 were exactly the same, the inks anyway. I don't have the paper to compare. Flirty Flamingo is a slightly pinker pink than Cameo Coral, which is retired and has a touch of orange in it. (maybe, I don't know color theories, just what it looks like to me!) Emerald Envy is a dead ringer for Gorgeous Green (not green galore). Spot on. I stamped it a bunch of times, looked in different lights, its the same. Dapper Denim is a perfect match to Not Quite Navy, also a retired color. I also stamped some different blues to show how it compares. 


So after all that, I played around with my new colors and stamps!! I used the Perfectly Wrapped border (NEW!!!!), Suite Sayings, and Thoughtful Banners (solid stamp, also NEW!) with Emerald Envy ink and gold metallic thread!

Phew! I appreciate you stopping by today!! I hope you have a fabulous weekend and an even better Mother's Day! 

Have a stamptastic day!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Your kind words are appreciated!