Friday, February 19, 2016

Birthday Wishes for Friday Mashup!

Morning friends!

This week the Friday Mashup crew has a fun birthday and stencil mashup to play along with!

Here's the challenge:

Here's what I came up with:


Remember yesterday how I said mashups work well for 2 blogs, but not for the one I need to mashup? For months I've been haphazardly trying my Spellbinders Embossibilities and haven't had much luck. So for this card I was determined to figure it out. First I stenciled the colors using sponges then ran it through the big shot and it worked pretty well. (The embossing is hard to see in the picture) I CASED the project on the Spellbinders package and did a lot of altering until I got it worthy of using, ha. (It's been one of those weeks!) I have a hard time with the Brights color family. They are just too much for me sometimes! There was too much teal, so I scored it down to make a gift card holder. 

I hope you play along with us at the Friday Mashup! If you haven't heard, our challenges are now 2 weeks long, so they give you lots of time to play along! 

Supplies: 
Paper: Taken with Teal, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White
Inks: Taken With Teal, Melon Mambo, Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight. 
Stamps: Blue Ribbon (ret)
Accessories: Word window punch, Spellbinders Embossibilities die, Tangerine Tango pompom trim (ret), rhinestones, scallop punch.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Your kind words are appreciated!