Friday, August 2, 2019

Ten Minute Thursday!

Good morning!

I realize that it's now Friday, but when I made and posted this card it was Thursday! Haha. I'm just now blogging about it.

Do you ever hit a slump in crafting? I sure have...and am currently. I'm trying to work my way out of it. I said at the beginning of summer one of the things I NEED to do more is get in my craft room. It's just overwhelming at this point. I have stuff from OnStage in April, the new catalog release in June and now its Holiday Catalog pre-order. AHH! It's just too much honestly.

Usually, when I fall into a slump, it's easy to get out of it with a few challenges (past or present) and sketches that I find on Pinterest. Lately, I've been just scrolling and nothing has come out of it. Until yesterday when I saw the Global Design Challenge and I thought- "Oh, I can do that." The designer's card was so clean and simple it was easy to CASE (copy and share everything or selectively edit, whichever you prefer). Along with that, I had to use a set that hasn't seen ink, which was my preference.

Here's what I came up with:

Enlarged for ALL the details, lol!

I LOVE clean and simple. I love very detailed cards as well, but typically I have little time to make something, so the faster the better- without losing the detail of course :) The Time for Tags set isn't just for tags- you can make cute cards with it as well. To add a little dimension, I tucked the Tulle Polka Dot ribbon underneath and added just a few teensy enamel dots from the Happiness Blooms enamel dot set. Oh, and the adorable paper is the Dinorawr DSP, which reminds me of melons for whatever reason. :)

Here's the original design:


While I'm certainly not out of the slump yet, it's getting better. Hopefully, you'll be seeing more of me here as well- blogging is not my immediate first love (remember quick and simple), but I'll pop in from time to time.

Happy stamping, friends, and thanks for stopping by!

Jayme

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Your kind words are appreciated!