Saturday, August 3, 2019

Flashback Friday, and other F words.

Hey gang!

I'm a day late and a dollar short on posting, haha.

All you need to know is I did make this card on Friday.

And that I almost called this post "F*ck It Friday" because I was itching to use some retired goodies and I love them.

But, I kept it a little more PG, you're welcome. "Why can't you use retired goodies, Jayme?" Well, as a demonstrator, it's hard to demonstrate retired products because they're no longer in production. But I love using them from time to time, so that's where the f*ck it came in.

There's also a fun challenge blog to play along with called Retro Rubber, so I like to submit projects there when I make them. Check it out, it's a good time.



So here's what I made:
Nature, texture, a teeny bit of green, lol!

I just love this vintage tractor set called Times & Seasons, from Stampin' Up in 1999. Isn't it just darling? It reminds me of my dad who just loved Farm All Tractors. It also reminds me of the fall harvest, cooling temperatures, sweaters...ahhh.... Anyways, I purchased it off a FB for sale site (which I probably paid too much for, lol)  and it was just so much fun to color. I used the SU Naturals white paper, which I don't recommend for using with the SU Blends alcohol markers because its a fibery paper, and they bleed. A LOT. 

This is the card I made years ago that I cased the aforementioned card from. Probably like 2010-11 time frame. I just love it so much that I'll just save it forever. Anyone remember this set? I'll have to check my stash, but I think I sold this one. But it had fantastic puns. 

That's all for today! Thanks for stopping by!

-Jayme

1 comment:

  1. Great little harvest tractor scene, love teh DP you chose for the background too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Your kind words are appreciated!