Boy, its a snowy one here in Alaska! Yesterday schools were cancelled yesterday due to the big dumping of snow we got on Tuesday. Usually, if we have weather related cancellations its for raining when it's not supposed to be. Unfortunately, there are some 8,000 residents still without power and with the sub-30 degree weather, it creates unsafe situations. Keep those residents in your thoughts as the power crews work hard!
With all this new snow, I was inspired to break out my new Snow Place stamp set and get to work for the Tis The Season layout challenge this week. Here's what I came up with:
|I'm going to have to make a lightbox!|
I wanted to use the "Let it Snow" sentiment from that set to pick on Lisa from Snowy Moose Creations (She lives south of me by a few hours and was jealous of all of our snow!) but it didn't fit quite as well.
This stamp set is SO much fun to play with!! I love that Stampin' Up and other companies started releasing these little thinlet dies, it makes cutting images SO much easier! I'm more willing to fork out money for a set with a matching die because frankly, I'm a lazy stamper. I'll do fussy cutting if I have to, but you can stamp and cut a LOT faster with a little die. Plus, this set comes with tons of little dies!! You won't have to cut ANYTHING! Score! Haha, I'm just a tad excited.
You should join our challenge this week! Why?
1) It's super fun! Sketch challenges are my favorite because you don't have to worry about a layout. You can CASE the sketch verbatim or add a little twist.
2.) Get a jump start on your Christmas cards! Don't make christmas cards? Pssshh... there's a decline of the christmas card sending and YOU could save it. Plus, it keeps the postal service employed!
3) You get to meet like-minded crafters, make new friends, and give you another reason to get into your stamping space.
Convinced? Good! I'm pretty persuasive!
Here is the sketch:
We do have a few challenge guidelines* we'd like to ask you to follow:
- Your project must be a new Christmas project created for this challenge.
- You may use any brand of product that you have in your stash.
- If you combine challenges please limit it to no more then 4 including ours.
- Please provide a link back to our challenge or use the challenge graphic within your post.
- Have fun!!!
The Challenge is open until Oct.13th @ 12pm EST. We can't wait to see what you create!
I hope to see you playing along this week!!
Supplies: All SU (unless otherwise listed)
Stamps: Snow Place Photopolymer, Best Day Ever SAB (ret)
Paper: Whisper White, Real Red
Ink: Bashful Blue (ret), Real Red, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding, Chevron Naturals ribbon, Gold metallic thread, rhinestones, Snow Friends Framelets.
Have a stamptastic day and stay warm (or cool, depending on your location) and thanks for stopping by!