Sunday, July 29, 2012

Housewarming Wreath

One of my very best friends is a few days out from finally closing on her new house. Home buying isn't easy to begin with, but my heart went out to her and her husband during this time. Short story, put house for sale, found perfect house, everything set to close on perfect house (her house sold as well!) then wham! Bad appraisal. A little more work and they are set to close on Tuesday! It was a roller coaster and I wasn't even laying down the cash! So, I did some looking on Pinterest and thought a simple wreath was in order.

Much like the home-buying process, this wreath was a headache from the start. Now, before embarking on this seemingly easy endeavor, make sure you can find the key element to the wreath...the numbers. I searched high and low to find 4" wooden numbers (heck, the only ones they appear to sell in AK are the metal numbers for your house) Gah!! So, why not balsa wood. Nope. Finally I resorted to good ol' thin cardboard. The kind that comes with some Stampin' Up! DSP.
Balsa wood FAIL!
A little paint, some Crystal Effects and flowers and my headache was made pretty. Pfew. Next time I'll just use letters.
I used my Cricut as stencils for my numbers

So pretty!
 And the finished product! Hope they love it!!
 Supplies: Grapevine wreath, flowers, Martha Steward Pearl Aquarium Acrylic paint, Cricut Platin Schoolbook font cartridge. Stampin' Up! Crystal Effects and Old Olive Striped Grosgrain ribbon, wire, hot glue.

Thanks for stopping by! Have a stamp-tastic day!

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty. I am sure your friends will love it! I found you over at the "What's your blog?' thread on Stampin' Connection.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Your kind words are appreciated!