Saturday, February 19, 2011

Little Green Bickety Basket

Why hello there! Sorry I haven't updated in a few days! Its been hectic at my house! My son Evan turned 7 on Valentines day, so we were busy making his class valentines. We made one of these cutesies at the club I'm in, so it was a no-brainer that we replciated them. I made them slightly smaller, 3" x 7 1/4 I believe the measurements are. After the valentines were made, we had to gear up for his bowling birthday party on the 13th and hosting Bunco at my house on the 15th. Busy, busy! For these little lolli-holders, I used last year's valentines DSP.


So, now that we've made it past Bunco, its time to work on club swaps and our challenge project. Our swaps this month are recipe cards. I've decided to make banana bread using the Sock Monkey set! He's so cute!! Our projects are 8x8 and fairly easy to make. I'm not good at simply designed projects, so they look blank and naked to me, but I keep telling myself that I have to make 13 of these babies...simpler the better! And, although they are simple, doesn't mean they are any less adorable and less appreciated! I'll be posting these once they are finished!! Stay tuned!



Also, at our club, like I've mentioned before, we have a challenge project. This month, we are doing an "anything goes" swap, and I am determined to win! So, after countless hours looking for the "perfect" project....I've found it. I'm made a St. Patty's day basket! I've cased this from the VERY talented Laura Canale here: http://wishyouwerehere-laura.blogspot.com/2008/02/basket-tutorial.html. Forgive me as I haven't figured out how to embed them in a shorter link. But, if you copy and paste, it'll get you to the same place.

Now, before you embark on this basket weaving journey...I warn you...she takes some time. Also, 1/8" paper is tricky to cut. Also, instead of using the glue stick like Laura does, use the Tombow multi-glue. You are going to get inky from sponging teensy slices of paper and sticky, and I found that the huge jar of Planters Peanuts are quite helpful in holding the base of your basket whilst weaving. (sorry, had to throw in my proper English slang)  But it was SO fun to make!!

Helps with stability. Don't laugh at my late night snacks of choice...they are a staple! Dt. MtDew and PB M&M's




Here is a shot showing the size. It looks big and is quite strong!!


    Hope you enjoyed and have a scrap-tastic day!!!!!  :)

3 comments:

  1. Cute! Did you win? Following through SC!
    http://teadrinkingstamper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your basket! Great blog!! Now following you. Hope you will follow me too. www.stampingaweigh.blogspot.com
    Thanks, Norma

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Your kind words are appreciated!