Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Teacher Appreciation week!

Good morning!

This week kicks off Teacher Appreciation week, which admittedly I completely spaced until a friend asked for a few cards.

Then I remembered I signed up to bring stuff for my son's school. So a quick Snicker's salad a a few cards later, I was back ahead of the game!

For today's cards, I needed something that I could make quickly, so I went to Pinterest looking for a little inspiration and found that Erica Cerwin made these lovely teacher cards! Great Scott- I was on a roll!

So, here is my cased version!



Anyone else think that Thoughtful Branches should have stuck around longer than a month? You'll have to pry this one from my cold dead hands. 


Adorable, right?! I changed a few things on the card. I didn't have the writing notes stamp, but I did have 1 single piece of some brand of stitched designer paper! I searched high and low and eventually found it. It had beautiful thread stitching around the border, but desperate times called for me to cut it.  

I've been holding on to that single sheet for probably 7 years. It was time. 

If you zoom into the picture, you can see a lot of recycled elements, the leaves are from an old stack of in-color paper and the trunk (before stamping) came from a travel set. It was fun to use up some old scraps! 

Really this whole card just sorta fell together since everything I needed just happened to be in my stash. I love when that happens.

Thanks for popping in today! I hope you have a stamptastic day.

Get out there and appreciate those teachers for making the world a better place!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Your kind words are appreciated!