Friday, December 30, 2016

Out with the Old- In with the NEW Blog Hop!


Good afternoon! 

There's a "snowstorm" happening here in Alaska! It's about time we got a good amount of snowfall. But, I'm enjoying the warmer temps that it's bringing at the moment!

Today, I'm happy to be playing along with the ReMARkable stampers Sale-a-bration "Out with the old, in with the NEW" blog hop!



The challenge was to showcase items from both the Holiday catalog (outgoing- good until Jan 3, 2017) and the NEW Occasions catalog (goes live Jan 4th). 

There's tons of amazing talent on this hop, so grab a drink and a snack and marvel at all the beautiful creations! 

Here's mine!
So much prettier in person--Thanks Alaska. 

I had a number of ideas floating around, but couldn't nail anything down to work with the paper I chose to use.  I decided on Here's to Cheers (a carryover item) with the new Cupcake and Carousels designer paper stack. I pared the DSP up with Peekaboo Peach, which perfectly coordinates with the set and colored my sentiment with markers and the blender pens to create an ombre look like in the catalog. I felt like it needed a bit more so I added the Pool Party Metallic bakers twine (from the Cupcake and Carousels embellishment pack) and stamped a bunch of "happy" from Milestone Moments in Bermuda Bay Ink. Wink of Stella was added to the "Celebrate" because, why not?! 



This card is going to my friend Jada who just welcomed a new baby boy on Dec 28th! It's my goal to have ALL of my cards that I make have an immediate recipient- or one in the near future. Anyone else drowning in cards? Be sure to share any other crafty New Years Resolutions!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy the hop! Be sure to leave comments and let everyone know how awesome they are!!



Product List (forgot to add Wink of Stella)

13 comments:

  1. Lovely card. I love the mix of elements. Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the starburst rays over the background. Terrific effect! The multicoloured 'celebrate' looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stamping on the paper is a great way to use this paper. I will definitely want to copy you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW...I do love that card and the ombre on the sentiment is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! I love the starburst paper and your idea of stamping on it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always forget to stamp right on the DSP, such a great technique. thanks for the reminder and the pretty card.
    Thanks as well for hoping with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! Love the little extras!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you everyone for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card! Great use of the DSP and I love the technique you used to color your stamp. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like how you've stamped out from the sentiment, all over the dsp. Great card xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Your kind words are appreciated!