Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Happy B-day to ME! FM#40

My name is Jayme, and I'm a distressing addict. There, I said it.

I can't help it, clean lines hurt my soul and as hard as I try, I just can't do it.

With that out of the way (I'm sure this wasn't surprising news to anyone) on to today's challenge card! It's Birthday week over at The Friday Mashup, which is perfect, because today is MY birthday! Yay! One last year before the big 3-0! My boys spoiled me early with a new embossing tool (Carl broke mine while fixing his truck...the arctic weather makes regular plastic cords go snap in the cold.) Also got a some spa time! A mani/pedi, eyebrow wax,  and 30 min. pregnancy massage! Bliss! Anywho....

So here is the "Mashup" Challenge :
  1. Make a "Birthday" project.
  2. Or Make a project using "Pastels/Chalks or Pastel Colors".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Birthday project using Pastels" .
Here is my project using pastel colors...and distressing...lots of distressing!

Silly room with bad light. Soon we'll have too much sun!

Man, I had a hard time with this...pastels are not my color pallet of choice.  I better change quick, as I'm awaiting the arrival of a baby girl in March.... Hence why once I put it together, I had to distress like mad and wear it out. I like vintage-looking pastels I guess. So, my card looks dirty and I like it. (Suddenly that Rhianna song pops into mind...) Like an old chair that's just too comfy to repair, or a worn out book. (Which I own neither..lol...or the Rhianna song)

Supplies: (SU unless otherwise noted)
Crumb cake card stock and Ink (still want to call it Kraft)
Pretty in pink striped grosgrain ribbon (retired)
Fresh Vintage stamp set (SAB 2012)
Occasional Quotes stamp set (retired)
Dot, Dot, Dot stamp
Wild Wasabi ink
Tea Stain Vintage ink spot (in Distressing kit)
Ice Circles rhinestone brad in purple
Miss Elizabeth's Pastel Doodle DSP (non-SU, a gift, but carried at Micheal's and Joanne's)


Have a stamp-tastic day!!

8 comments:

  1. How perfect a birthday challenge for a birthday gurl! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your vintage pastels. I'm glad you reached outside your comfort zone to create with our challenge. See what you can do when you put your mind to it? Amazing creations appear!

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Friday Mashup DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Happy Birthday to you! Thanks for spending some time with us! Love your card...the layered flower is so pretty! Glad you joined us at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty card! The flower is a nice touch! Thanks for playing along at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I love pastels when they are distressed, but I'm with you about pastels in general. You will be seeing a lot of pink in your future! :) Thanks for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday!! Sounds like you had a great day and got lots of goodies! I love distressing too, sometimes you just need the extra feel it gives a project. You used the pastels in such a soft way with the Kraft base. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a cool card, I sure love the distressed look of it. All the best for you during the last few months of pregnancy, life will not be the same after - it will be so much better!
    Hugs,

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This can be one particular of the most useful blogs We've ever arrive across on this subject. Actually Wonderful. I am also an expert in this topic therefore I can understand your effort.
    Mango Women's Leather Lace-up Ankle Boot.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Your kind words are appreciated!