Skip to main content

Happy B-day to ME! FM#40

My name is Jayme, and I'm a distressing addict. There, I said it.

I can't help it, clean lines hurt my soul and as hard as I try, I just can't do it.

With that out of the way (I'm sure this wasn't surprising news to anyone) on to today's challenge card! It's Birthday week over at The Friday Mashup, which is perfect, because today is MY birthday! Yay! One last year before the big 3-0! My boys spoiled me early with a new embossing tool (Carl broke mine while fixing his truck...the arctic weather makes regular plastic cords go snap in the cold.) Also got a some spa time! A mani/pedi, eyebrow wax,  and 30 min. pregnancy massage! Bliss! Anywho....

So here is the "Mashup" Challenge :
  1. Make a "Birthday" project.
  2. Or Make a project using "Pastels/Chalks or Pastel Colors".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Birthday project using Pastels" .
Here is my project using pastel colors...and distressing...lots of distressing!

Silly room with bad light. Soon we'll have too much sun!

Man, I had a hard time with this...pastels are not my color pallet of choice.  I better change quick, as I'm awaiting the arrival of a baby girl in March.... Hence why once I put it together, I had to distress like mad and wear it out. I like vintage-looking pastels I guess. So, my card looks dirty and I like it. (Suddenly that Rhianna song pops into mind...) Like an old chair that's just too comfy to repair, or a worn out book. (Which I own neither..lol...or the Rhianna song)

Supplies: (SU unless otherwise noted)
Crumb cake card stock and Ink (still want to call it Kraft)
Pretty in pink striped grosgrain ribbon (retired)
Fresh Vintage stamp set (SAB 2012)
Occasional Quotes stamp set (retired)
Dot, Dot, Dot stamp
Wild Wasabi ink
Tea Stain Vintage ink spot (in Distressing kit)
Ice Circles rhinestone brad in purple
Miss Elizabeth's Pastel Doodle DSP (non-SU, a gift, but carried at Micheal's and Joanne's)


Have a stamp-tastic day!!

Comments

  1. How perfect a birthday challenge for a birthday gurl! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your vintage pastels. I'm glad you reached outside your comfort zone to create with our challenge. See what you can do when you put your mind to it? Amazing creations appear!

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Friday Mashup DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Happy Birthday to you! Thanks for spending some time with us! Love your card...the layered flower is so pretty! Glad you joined us at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty card! The flower is a nice touch! Thanks for playing along at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I love pastels when they are distressed, but I'm with you about pastels in general. You will be seeing a lot of pink in your future! :) Thanks for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday!! Sounds like you had a great day and got lots of goodies! I love distressing too, sometimes you just need the extra feel it gives a project. You used the pastels in such a soft way with the Kraft base. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a cool card, I sure love the distressed look of it. All the best for you during the last few months of pregnancy, life will not be the same after - it will be so much better!
    Hugs,

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This can be one particular of the most useful blogs We've ever arrive across on this subject. Actually Wonderful. I am also an expert in this topic therefore I can understand your effort.
    Mango Women's Leather Lace-up Ankle Boot.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Your kind words are appreciated!

Popular posts from this blog

Tranquility in Tulips

Good morning friends!

Do you ever see a stamp set and not fall in love with it until someone else posts something awesome with it?

Not me. Never.

As a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, we are fortunate to be able to order select items early when a new catalog is about to be released. I LOVED a lot on the pre-order, but not enough to initially buy, ya know? That Tranquil Tulip set stood out to me, but I held off. Then I saw a video using the tulip set and a Label Me Pretty set, which I wasn't a fan of at all.

I. Fell. In. LOVE.

LOVE.

Fast forward to today when both packages are now here and I am in happy stamping bliss land.

Here's what I came up with:


For Mother's Day there were some beautiful purple tulips in my bouquet- which unfortunately made their way to the trash today. I memorialized them with this card. I also wish the Wood Textures DSP would be all in this one pattern, I just LOVE it. Its gorgeous and reminds me of one of our old barns growing up, which had tulips gr…

Earning Alaska First Purchase!

Twice in one day?!

I know, how lucky are you!! Lol!


This afternoon, I am excited to be taking part in the Earning Alaska 2018 blog hop again!! This is a group of demonstrators who are working together to reach their fullest potential and earn the Stampin' Up 2018 incentive trip, which is an Alaskan cruise through the southeastern islands! Exciting right! It's an area that since moving to Alaska I've never been, with the exception of Juneau for a roller derby trip a few years back.

This hop is chalked full of talented demonstrators! They inspire me daily!!

The theme of this hop is "First Occasions Catalog Purchase!" Which is exciting because have you seen the thing! It was page after page of awesome! I have an obsession with birthday stamps. A girl can never have too many!! That said, the first item on my list was the Party Animal suite! I had to have it all. The best part is that SU and Sizzix did a great job of making sure the existing balloon punch coordinated…

Pleated Easter Fun!

Good morning! 
As you know, I'm party of a monthly swap group with 9 fabulous ladies in San Antonio and this month's theme was Easter or birthday. Since I already have a TON of birthday cards (they're just SO easy to make) and a stamp set that hadn't been touched yet, I chose to do Easter!
It's more spring, than Easter I found, but......that's fine. Growing up in Wisconsin, (and not from a religious background) easter was the gateway to spring! Green grass, a crisp warming of the air, puddles and bike rides. In Alaska, its snow. That's it. Just snow. Even though it has been really mild this winter. :)
Because of all this snow, I've been in the springtime mood. I've been gravitating to a lot of bright colors and flowers! I just can't get enough of them right now!
After a little pinterest and Stampin' Connection (a service only available to Stampin' Up! Demonstrators) I stumbled upon a pleat card and the rest of my project fell right into…