Thursday, February 4, 2016

What the Heck, Jayme!

.....That is the thought I had the other day when I realized that I hadn't blogged in probably a week!

ugh. "Thats how you keep your following!" Yikes!

The last 2 weeks have been a whirlwind blur. I was doing great until we had an out-of-town bout, then that was it! My card streak came to a screeching halt, no blogging, minimal facebooking. Heck, just yesterday I thought "surely I have design team cards that are due... probably today!" 

Not to bore you with all the details, but you all know I play roller derby, and a few weeks ago we ended our lease agreement with the landlord of our BIG beautifully dusty practice space. Since then we've had games, moved out and have been seeking new space. We've been graciously invited to a neighboring league practice (THANK YOU!). Also, life and wrestling season is in full swing as well. 

Enough of the sob story. (Move on, lady! haha) Now I'll catch you up! 

Starting with Tis The Season Stamping's color challenge! 

Yikes! We are dark!

We do have a few challenge guidelines* we'd like to ask you to follow:
  • Your project must be a new Christmas project created for this challenge.
  • You may use any brand of product that you have in your stash. 
  • If you combine challenges please limit it to no more then 4 including ours.
  • Please provide a link back to our challenge or use the challenge graphic within your post.
  • Have fun!!! 
The Challenge is open until Feb.16th @ 12pm EST


Next up is this Just for You card:
Supplies: Very Vanilla and watercolor papers. Primrose Petals, Coastal Cabana, So Saffron, white craft inks. Clear and white embossing powder, versa mark, aqua painter, enamel dots. Botanicals for You SAB stamp set. 

This card was a watercolor technique gone ALL wrong. I still like the outcome though! I found inspiration on Pinterest for a technique where the original poster used distress inks watercolored onto paper then once dried, lifted the color with a baby wipe. SU inks don't lift all that well and left me with a wear mark on the paper. So, I just grabbed some white ink and dabbed dots with a stencil. You can see all the dots if you look at the card in light and move it so they shimmer a bit. All in all, I still think it's pretty, just not what I was trying to do. 

Keeping with the watercolor theme, here's a watercolor wash card!

Supplies: Another Thank You Photopolymer stamp. Basic Black and whisper white paper. Basic black embossing power, versa mark, Melon Mambo, Real Red, Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Bermuda Bay, Rich Razzleberry Inks. Rhinestones. Done. :)

This card was inspired by the lovely Tami White and was SO easy. Literally 10 minutes (including drying time). I'll be making a BUNCH more of these. 

And last but not least, this adorable monkey waterfall card for Friday Mashup

A whole bunch of retired products were used to make this. Let me know if you want a supply list and I'll dredge on up :)

I love this card! It's so fun and you can play with it for hours! I made one a LONG time ago, then when this challenge came up for the Friday Mashup crew, I knew just what to do! (sorry, watching a lot of kids shows lately, haha) 

Alright, I think that about wraps things up. Phew! That'll teach me not to blog again. 

If you're not following me on Facebook and Pinterest, be sure to check me out! I love having new visitors! 

Thanks for stopping by and until next time (tomorrow), have a stamptastic day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Your kind words are appreciated!