Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Sweet Celebration

Wow, I'm on a card-making roll these last few days!! This card here is inspired by one I made this summer at Kendra's Inky Fingers card club. Its so cute, I changed it up to more girly colors for my mother-in-law's birthday! I used Riding Hood Red, Very Vanilla, Baja Breeze, So Saffron, and Crumb Cake for the cones. So pretty!


Sorry that its a bright picture. Its evening and I have terrible lighting.  I also used the Tulip Border embossing folder for the bottom edging. Just needed a little something without being so overboard. Plus, I didn't want to make a complete cookie-cutter card.

Here is mine paired up with the original. (That was Evan's that he made at the club)  Evan was a frequent visitor at our card club this summer, Dad was working or had something going on, so it was just easier for Evan to hang out and craft.  He really had a good time, and sometimes turned out better projects! I'll tell you that he can eyeball the 2-set Stampin' sets with amazing accuracy.  Me, because I'm stubborn and convinced I can do it without the Stamp-a-ma-jig, are all off. Anywho, Hope you enjoyed today's post!

Have a scrap-tastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Your kind words are appreciated!