Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Cupcakes and Regionals (Part 1)

Good evening everyone! I'm finally reconnected to the world via the interwebs and getting back into it before the chaos of school starts. I'll be a real college student, going to a real school (at University of AK Fairbanks), working on a not so-real feeling degree (High latitude Ag.). (It's still pretty far away since a lot of my classes went to electives and not real classes. Ugh.)

Since SU's regional only an hours flight to Anchorage, I HAD to be there! (And so glad I did) I wanted to get the most out of it that I could, so I decided to make swaps. Only problem, we had just moved into the house. I went with a catalog CASE and went with the cute little cupcake card on pg 68(I think). Now, like I mentioned before, I had some issues with this cupcake punch. First of all...builder punches aren't my favorite because of the way they are designed. (But, I learned at Regional that the stocking punch...coming here in a few days to the holiday mini... matches the stamp set perfectly, and its the first to do so. Maybe my thought will change on them)

So, after much thought, I punched out a template, then aligned the stamp on the block to match the punch.


Make sure to align for proper spacing because of the cherry on top!

Perfect 



Here is the finished product. I used So Saffron, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White and Soft Suede. I embossed the card with the polka dot embossing folder and the scallop border punch for the borders. I added a little glitter to the right side of the frosting too for just a little pop!



At first I wasn't a big fan of my color choice. It was looking a little like buttered popcorn before I assembled it, and the Wild Wasabi border is really what ties it all together. I had a lot of compliments at regionals and I was so excited to be able to participate in that swap! So many beautiful cards!! What I didn't realize is that most people swap card fronts, and put all the info on a label on the back. That way you can write your recipe and have their contact info, then be able to cover it up to give to someone. Wish I did that!

Thats my card there on the bottom left :)
I'll have a part two to regionals bit. I started writing and it would've been really long. I'll save that for later!

Have a scrap-tastic day! Looking forward to getting back to challenges!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you were able to go and have a good time! I really wanted to go but I had promised my kids we were going to the state fair, and thats the only day that would work for all of us, so no convention for me :(

    Welcome back to the net!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, the state fair! I'm a ag. junkie, so I love fairs! It was a really good time and learned a few new tricks! Thanks! Its great to be back!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Your kind words are appreciated!